Call Paul Davis: Fighting Black Mold
Every homeowner fears black mold, but do you know what it is? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) likes to grow in wet places and is often found in areas where condensation has collected or near untreated puddles inside. These spores enter the house via windows, small openings or brought in on personal items and coats. While most molds in your house are harmless, black mold causes health issues with years of exposure.
Signs of Black Mold Exposure
The spores black mold releases are the major cause behind black mold poisoning. Symptoms include chronic sneezing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat and rashes. In addition, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose occur in the most serious cases of long term exposure.
Information about Mold
Mold quickly spread across walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home experiences water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technician check the walls for mold infestations. They can go ignored for weeks, and then appear practically overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it quickly breeds and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for occcupants:
- Mold emanates a pungent, musty smell that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes problems for allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the greater the danger.
Unusually damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion right away.
If you want to eradicate mold, the atmosphere where it prospers must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can saturate hidden areas of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep coming back to these areas.
Call Paul Davis now if your home has black mold. We safely inspect and confirm the existence of black mold before remediation. You can depend on our professionals to remove black mold effectively. Don’t risk your health, get a black mold inspection now.