Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, however the type of mold that grows in your home or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to prevent mold entering your residence. It’s only as mold is growing in your house that you need to be concerned. Having an expert to consult with that can tell you the kind of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way to treat it and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth experience in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services partnered with basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your dwelling on top of major health problems to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it resides in, this means that the longer it goes untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can correctly identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively manage treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with getting your residence free and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that thrives both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous environments such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety bring about asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is good, as it’s among the more insidious. It needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It is a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This type of mold is most often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both cold and warm environments and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder weather, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It thrives in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation services required to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.