Ways to Remediate Fire Damage
Fire can be extremely damaging to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that can be just as detrimental. Smoke odor can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while walls can be stained by soot. A fire can have catastrophic and lasting effects both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are ready to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your home can receive serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- To fan out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. The experts from Paul Davis offer all-encompassing smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire remediation services. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the fire repair services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.