Professional Fire Damage Mitigation Company
We all know how damaging fire can be in a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as detrimental. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your family and your house.
When your cherished keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our fire repair experts are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How You Can Repair Fire Damage
Your home can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to fan out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home recently undergone fire damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke restoration services. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke repair cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.