Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire repair specialists, we’re ready to help. Each Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’s Services
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke remediation services. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services specialists from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.