How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
We all know how destructive fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can damage both to your home and your family.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re ready to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Your house can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to fan out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the fire remediation services and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.