Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Fire can be extremely damaging to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that can be just as destructive. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can damage both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your AC.
- Position large fans towards open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.