Fire Damage Experts Nearby
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as detrimental. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings and soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your family and your home.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand any damages to your precious possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as fire repair technicians, we’re ready to help restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Your building can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your AC.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to push out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. The experts from Paul Davis offer all-encompassing fire removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire repair services. Our specialists are specialized in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning services, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.