How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Fire can be very damaging to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor, while walls can be stained by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your house.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Your home can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to push out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Paul Davis’s Fire Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home had recent fire damage? Reach out to the professionals from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke remediation services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.