How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Fire can be extremely damaging to a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have extreme, disastrous both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re here to help restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Your house can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Small-scale fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to fan out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Paul Davis’s Services
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your house undergone smoke damage? Turn to the experts from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our fire remediation services. Our experts are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the fire remediation services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.