Trustworthy Smoke Damage Contractors
We all know how damaging fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as destructive. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have lasting and disastrous both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why our fire repair specialists are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Your home can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- To suck out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your home recently undergone smoke and soot damage? Turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. Our smoke restoration services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in high-quality using productive equipment during our smoke repair cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.