Repair Fire Damage
Fire can be extremely damaging to a home. However, many people don’t know about the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke and walls can be stained by soot. Fires can damage both to your family and your home.
Damages to your cherished keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- To suck out smoke, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house had recent smoke and soot damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration professionals from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.