Fire Damage Mitigation Company Nearby
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people don’t know about the other detrimental elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while soot can seriously stain walls. Experiencing a fire can have deep-rooted, disastrous both to your house and your family.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- Position large fans towards open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your house recently undergone soot damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke remediation services. Our professionals are specialized in effective using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services experts from Paul Davis at (724) 758-6540. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.